Sunday, January 17, 2016

January 17, 2016

Yesterday January 16, 2016 we spent the day at Kennedy Space Center with LaVonne Joyce. (Sailing vessel Cat's Meow) It was beautiful day and not enough time to see everything we wanted to see. We started about 9:45 and finally left about 6.

My pictures will be on another page than this blog.

When you walk around NASA and saw the size of the of the systems and past capsules and plans for the future you can only stand there and say WOW, HUGE. How did the size and weight of these capsules ever leave the ground.  When you stand next to them you are just a speck.

We were fortunate to hear a Mexican astronaut speak two times. One talk was on him growing up in Mexico and how he became an astronaut. The other speech was when we had lunch with an astronaut and he spoke on his flight the past flights and what the capsules were like when he flew back in 1985 and  what the capsules are like now. He covered, sleeping, eating, bathroom exercise, work and the every day routines.

I was here 40 years ago when Thad was 5. Bo has never been to Kennedy Space Center he was to Houston as a youth. In 40 years the progress in both space flight and the facilities is incredible.

The future is wide open for all (men and women) that have the challenge inside of them to strive and question space and the future and question science. What is out there, are we the only ones? The men and women that have experienced and strive to the future, makes me wonder why I never questioned the why of the future.

As a child I remember laying on the grass and looking up into the sky the clouds and wonder what was up there and making animals out of clouds. Now when we are on overnights and look at the stars and wonder what lies ahead and question future exploration.

A dreamer, not me. Bo is the dreamer and his mind is always at work. When he asks me about growing up and says didn't you ever dream about the future, my answer is always the same. No guess I always thought what ever came was what it was.

After spending a day at NASA I wish that my mind had asked the questions, why and why can't we, is it possible?

Looking back at how technology has changed our lives some for the good and I question others I now understand what my grandparents us to say about the changes in there life time. I use to love to hear them talk about growing up, now think about what our children and grandchildren will see in their lifetime.

Dream Catcher signing off.






No comments:

Post a Comment