Friday, January 17, 2014


January 14

We have been going on long hikes with another couple, the hikes have taken us across the island on beaches up and down some cliffs that you have to use a rope to climb up. The views are beautiful, we very seldom see anyone on the beaches. Yesterday our walk took us for 4 hours.

One thing that is in the water stromatolite which are the oldest fossils you can look them up and read about them really neat. If we touch them it takes millions of years to replace. University of Florida was doing a research program on them but ran out of funding.

Today we laid low as there were rain showers going through so that way I did some baking as Bo’s sister is coming Saturday for a week, YA YA. Put several things in the freezer so we can have quick meals.

How you do laundry is take a large bucket put in 1 cup ammonia and a gallon of water, put in clothes and soak over night and wring them out in the morning and I them hang them up to dry and done. This really conserves water, I do take the towels into town every 3 weeks to wash, we have a lot and many are micro- fiber. 

Tomorrow we are going shelling at low tide so that is 8:30, Christine and I are going and Bo is doing some photo shooting. In the afternoon we need to go across to town and get some groceries.

Jan. 17

Today is a ladies luncheon so I get to wear something besides a swimsuit or shorts, going with a friend and then walking back so we can shell.

Weather has been a little changed the last several days so I got to get all my baking done for Bo’s sister, Eggplant casserole, pretzel bread, scalloped potatoes and ham, goat cheese truffles and  cranberry scones.

While I am gone today Bo is going across and running a few errand.

I put my laundry out about 7 today so done for another week.

Bo said why don’t you drop notes and when you get to town send out all the pictures, hello I never thought of that. So glad I have someone to watch over me.

Signing off for now.

Bo and Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment