Sunday, January 26, 2014


January 14

We have been going on long hikes with another couple, the hikes have taken us across the island on beaches up and down some cliffs that you have to use a rope to climb up. The views are beautiful, we very seldom see anyone on the beaches. Yesterday our walk took us for 4 hours.

One thing that is in the water stromatolite which are the oldest fossils you can look them up and read about them really neat. If we touch them it takes millions of years to replace. University of Florida was doing a research program on them but ran out of funding.

Today we laid low as there were rain showers going through so that way I did some baking as Bo’s sister is coming Saturday for a week, YA YA. Put several things in the freezer so we can have quick meals.

How you do laundry is take a large bucket put in 1 cup ammonia and a gallon of water, put in clothes and soak over night and wring them out in the morning and I them hang them up to dry and done. This really conserves water, I do take the towels into town every 3 weeks to wash, we have a lot and many are micro- fiber. 

Tomorrow we are going shelling at low tide so that is 8:30, Christine and I are going and Bo is doing some photo shooting. In the afternoon we need to go across to town and get some groceries.

Jan. 17

Today is a ladies luncheon so I get to wear something besides a swimsuit or shorts, going with a friend and then walking back so we can shell.

Weather has been a little changed the last several days so I got to get all my baking done for Bo’s sister, Eggplant casserole, pretzel bread, scalloped potatoes and ham, goat cheese truffles and  cranberry scones.

While I am gone today Bo is going across and running a few errand.

I put my laundry out about 7 today so done for another week.

Bo said why don’t you drop notes and when you get to town send out all the pictures, later hello I never thought of that. So glad I have someone to watch over me.

Tomorrow we want to snorkel weather permitting have several other things to do before she goes back the week has been so much fun.

Jan. 24

Today is Jaymi’s last day here. 

We went for a long hike with friends, we then went to Chat and Chill for lunch. This is a little place to eat on volleyball beach. It has maybe tables for 20, a bar and then outside. We had been told they had the best ribs and Bo likes their conch burgers so we went. They have T-Shirts hanging all over the ceiling a fun place. We then took the dinghy across to Georgetown for a boaters appreciation from 3-5. They could take 60 people. They had samples of their food and many kinds of tea. Bo and I were part of a Rake and Scrape dance and this was so fun. This is a Bahamian dance and Felicity taught or tried to teach us.  It was so fun. We had met Felicity at the laundry, she has a 7 year old daughter that took to us and us to her. She just stayed with us and once Bo took his hat off and she looked at his bald head and finally said, WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR HAIR? Bo says, when I was young I ran so fast it flew off, she looked at him very serious and said I A NEVER GOING TO RUN AGAIN.  The people and kids here are so gracious and fun.

On our trip back to the boat it was so rough and I mean rough. Jaymi sat on the floor, I sat 1/2 front 1/2 floor and by the time we got back we were all wet puppies and we had several inches of water in the dinghy. Never done this before and not again, too wet. We all took warm showers and were fine.

Jan. 25

We have Elvis the water taxi coming for Jaymi at 11 and then a taxi to the airport. We are going to miss her. Our neighbors that we hike with had us over the night before for a little farewell gathering at their boat. We hike with them and have done several things with them, they are so gracious.

I need to do laundry and get some groceries then we would like to leave for maybe 10 days and back here to meet our friends as they are here for a week.  The beauty here is unbelievable a great place to relax.

When I do laundry will mail this out along with pictures.

Fair winds and sunny skies.


No comments:

Post a Comment